Project Management Approach
Our unified project management approach ensures that time is invested into getting the right project team with the ability to work together and efficiently deploying its combined experience.
Simply put: the client and the supply team working together can reduce waste, add value and quality, innovate, and deliver a project far more effectively than in a potentially adversarial fragmented relationship. We believe that the earlier the project manager is on-board the better. This fosters good project management; a planned and organised approach follows.
Our qualified project managers work to a structured methodology, whilst understanding that clients’ needs will vary. Our knowledge and expertise enable us to flex our services accordingly, thus: through a hands-on approach and strong direction, we add value to the construction process.
We provide bespoke professional services in assisting you our client to manage the process of design, planning, procuring and overseeing construction works for a variety of types of building. The project process aims to define and manage the scope, timing and cost of proposed works, to give our clients peace of mind and to meet the desired deliverables.
Here at R.Tag
Our team specialise in the following types of project:
• Major works to residential and mixed-use blocks.
• Fire, water, storm and impact damage reinstatement.
• Repair, alteration and refurbishment of commercial property.
• Larger projects of extension, alteration and improvements to dwellings.
• New build schemes.
Every job is different, but a successful project starts with spending time with the client and their building, to explore the aims and feasibility of their brief.
Employers Agent - New Build
Click the link below to read more.
Along the way this can involve the following:
• Assessment and preparation of a feasibility report, to include the condition of a building.
• Scheme design work in tandem with our architectural services.
• Planning and Building Control applications also in tandem with our architectural services.
• Reviewing, advising upon and processing other statutory obligations, such as party wall legislation, health and safety obligations among other services.
• Engagement and liaison with specialist consultants such as structural and environmental engineers.
• Preparation of detailed specifications, schedules of work and other documentation.
• Selection of suitable contractors to form a tender list.
• Preparation tender packages and issue tender invites to contractors and specialists.
• Receipt, analysis and query of competitive tenders received, followed by submission of a tender report.
• Pre-contract meeting to review the works, costs, start and completion dates, site set up, communication protocols, payment procedures and the like.
• Preparation of a suitable building contract.
• Making planned and ad hoc inspections of the works and chairing formal site meetings to monitor the scope, progress, quality and cost of works.
• Contract administration of any variations to the scope of works, applications for interim payments and the like.
• To review, seek instructions and formally authorise any variations in the scope of the works that may affect quality, cost or programme.
• To review, value and certify stage/interim payments.
• Managing completion to a satisfactory standard prior to handover,
• Review of the final account and certification.
• Administering any follow-on rectification periods.
The key to delivering the service and a successful project is a simple yet professional combination of technical knowledge, experience and team management through clear and timely communication.
If you are planning a building project, interested in any of the above services or simply unsure of what you actually need, we would be delighted to talk through your proposals and provide some preliminary advice. Please do contact us on 0121 221 2246, via email email@example.com or by completing the contact form.
Item added to cart